Wanless Park Spring Fair
Big Thank You to everyone who attended the Wanless Park Spring Fair May 12th.
- 50:50 winning ticket number is 8349691. And even though we had multiple “claimants” winner was Meredith Weir… Congratulations!
- Thank you for the weather for cooperating. Appreciate Guy Chevreau (St. Leonard’s minister and his prayers in this regard!)
- Thank you for the ongoing support of our sponsors (please scroll down to review our wonderful sponsors).
- Thank you for our blind silent donors and all those who won virtually every item (and raised funds for the BWRA)… Again scroll down to see our wonderful donors.
- Thank you for the great music of The Banditos and Kevin and the No-Names
- Thank you to Phil Allen (Pallenco) for demonstrating how to use a Pizza Oven all day long and to Mark Smitheys for the winning bid!
- Thank you to the many volunteers organized by Suzanne Stephens.
- Thank you to Derick Jenkin (and his team for set up and tear down).
- Next Year: Mac and Cheese Bake Off and longer beer garden hours. Seems Ela Pagacz has made a claim that SHE has the best Mac and Cheese recipe. Heather Lowe objected and claimed SHE has the best recipe. The cooking spatula has officially been thrown down for a cook-off for next year’s spring fair. Before we could even type up this wrap-up summary of the Spring fair, Meredith Weir, Ed Layton and Michael Chiarotto added their names to this prestigious contest. Details to follow.
- Thank you for the wonderful photos from Ela and Wanless Photography (Click here for photo–slideshow… NB: the download code is 9646).
- Annual Membership drive is still open. If you have not yet renewed your membership to the BWRA, please take a moment. And as you do, please consider a recurring donation so that you can “set it and forget it”. Click here to make your annual donation.
Only 1 sleep until the 3rd annual Wanless Park Spring Fair!
Saturday, May 12, 2018 – 10 am to 7 pm (rain or shine)
- Flyer: Click here to jump to the flyer!
- Schedule: Click here to jump to the schedule. (races, prizes, inflatable rides, beer garden, firetruck and much more!)
- Potluck reminder Click Here to sign up for the Potluck (from 5 pm to 7 pm). CLICK here to vote if you are bringing an appetizer, salad, main or dessert.
- Sponsors: Click Here to see the entire list of sponsors
- Whole Foods Giveaway reminder: From 12 noon to 2 pm, Whole Foods Staff will be giving away $5 gift cards to all adults at the fair (while quantities Last).
- Blind Silent Auction List: Click here to jump to the list below.
- RSVP: If you have a popup tent, we need you to bring it to the fair! Please let us know by email at Info@BWRA.ca or just bring it. (please clearly lable it with your name, address and cell # so that it doesn’t get lost in cleanup).
- Pizza Oven Demo: From 10 to 1 pm, you can inspect and see The Forno Toscano “Margherita” Oven in action. Any and all of your questions will be answered before you place you blind auction bid on it (retail value over $3,900) .
One of the new plans for 2018 is the addition of a Potluck Dinner in the park from 5-7pm. If you want to be involved please let us know what you can bring in the survey below. NB: cutlery, paper plates and napkins will be provided, AND the beer and wine garden will remain open. Pop, juice and water will also be available. Rumour has it that our very own Michael Chiarotto (semi-pro award-winning BBQ chef with the “Jack-9 BBQ” handle and the trailer with the same name on Kappele) will be supplying a 15 pound slow cooked smoked pulled pork main course. Mmmmm…. Can’t wait!
The Wanless Park Spring fair is a big undertaking. From day one 3 years ago, we were fortunate to have significant sponsorship from local businesses. The list of sponsors has grown. So too has our appreciation. If you need any of the services offered by our sponsors, please consider patronizing them. And if you happen to see them at the Wanless Park Spring Fair, May 12th, please thank them and consider giving them a hug!
Games: Races, twister, Welly Toss, Hungry Human Hippo, Tug of War, Egg Toss and much more!
TD Yonge & Teddington (3rd Year Sponsor and the very 1st!)
The Kennedy Team (3rd year sponsor)
True North Camps (2nd year sponsor)
(baseball speed check by radar) Be sure to bid on the awesome 1 week summer soccer camp ($400 value) & 25% off a friend ($100 value)
Country Dental (3rd Year sponsor)
416-335-7377 396 Broadway Ave @ Bayview
(in Whole Foods Market Plaza)
The newest Toronto dental centre is a modern, state-of-the-art dental clinic that offers children’s dentistry, orthodontics, and 24hr emergency and general dentistry services 7 days a week. Ample free parking underground.
Whole Foods (2nd Year sponsor)
1860 Bayview Avenue
(gift card giveaway, gift basket, and event sponsor)Reminder: Whole Foods Market staff will be handing out gift cards from 12 noon to 2 pm (while quantities last).
- 2-4 pm The Banditos (jazzy blues feel)
- 5-7 pm: Kevin Burgess & guest (acoustic light easy hits during the Pot Luck Dinner)
Sneak-peek at the Blind-Silent-Auction items
Get your pens and best offers ready! Here is a sneak-peek list of items that will be up for grabs in the Blind-Silent-Auction auction. Be sure to visit our generous merchants who are supporting the fair.
This Just In!
Papabubble 3360 Yonge Street – “artistic and innovative sweets that are handmade with love”: $40 gift basket
Newer items arrived May 7th, 2018
Ardith One 3321 Yonge Street, Canadian Pottery & Crafts, est. 1971 – gift certificate
|Corallo Men’s Salon (cut)||$21|
|Dig Deep Cycling & Fitness Centre 3385 Yonge Street (at Golfdale) (new clients only)||Nov 1, 2018 thru Jan 30, 2018||$50|
|JD Karate 3385 Yonge Street (at Golfdale) 1 month free trial karate classes (new clients only)||Expires Dec 31, 2018||$70|
|Mastermind Toys: Toy bonanza explosion! Includes djubi (joo-bee) raquet set ($35), 2 x Aerobic Orbiter Boomerang ($17 ea x 2), Goodminton – The worlds easiest racquet Game ($20), Bunch o Balloons (100 water balloons in 60 seconds x 2 ( $10 x 2), Great Explorations Twirler ($10)||na||$119|
|Panda Mandarin Language Programs One Panda Mandarin Reading Pen. An electronic reading pen for use with corresponding bilingual (Mandarin and English) storybooks and activities. Retail value $99.||na||$99|
|Riz 3321 Yonge gift certificate||
New items from last week
|A Jug of Wine 3407 Yonge St. (surprise)||$140|
|The Abbot Pub and Fare 3367 Yonge St. gift certificate||$50|
|Baskin Robbins & Kernels Popcorn 3246 Yonge St. coupons to be awarded to race winners throughout the day x 14 (no expiry)||$64|
|Belly Busters 12″ subs gift card x 5||$10|
|Colourfield Flowers 3449 Yonge St – Fresh Mother’s day bouquet (to be prepared with creativity, and love May 12th)||Priceless but if pressed for a number: $60|
|freehand school of art 3315 Yonge St. gift cert||$100|
|McCoy Burger Company 3334 Yonge St. gift certificate (2 x $25)||$50|
|Sheridan Nurseries 2827 Yonge St In-Store Landscape Design Consultation and a copy of our Garden Guide booklet. (expires Oct 30/18)||$99|
|The Math Guru or @themathguru 2541 Yonge St. Math/Sc. tutorial ($75) plus The Math Guru handbag, Muskoka Candle Co. Lavender Vanilla candle, total value $100, no expiry||$100|
|The Monkey Bar 3353 Yonge St gift certificate||$50|
|The Paper Moon 3349 Yonge St. gift card ($25) and pad||$25|
Original Items are below:
Forno Toscano “Margherita” Oven
|Bayview Blossoms 3313 Yonge St – expires May 31, 2019.||$50|
|The Burger Cellar 3391 Yonge St – NB: Live music Thursdays with 1/2 wine, Now doing catering; More than just burgers (try the REALLY tasty ribs), (4 x $25)||$100|
The highest quality materials & careful attention to detail make the Fontana ovens the number one selling premium wood fire oven in Canada.
The Margherita oven has an interior cooking area of 24” x24” and comes mounted in a solid stainless steel cart. (Also included is a full-length cover.) Valued at $3,900 (Pizza oven, base, cover and tax). (Note: there is a reserve bid on this one item). Click here to vjew brochure.
|Gabby’s 3263 Yonge St – gift card||$25|
|Glenforest Cleaners 3309 Yonge St – gift card||$50|
|Glenforest Cleaners 3309 Yonge St – gift card||$50|
|Hazel Lily Designer Consignment 3235 Yonge St – gift card||$75|
|Inspira Athletica, 3291/93 Yonge Street (Upstairs) (1 mon. unlimited classes) x 5||$200(worth more if you go every day)|
|Inspira Athletica, 3291/93 Yonge Street (Upstairs) (2 private classes) x 5||$200|
|Leaside Animal Clinic 1662 Bayview Ave – 2 wks of boarding for your small or BIG dog||$474 for small dog & $949 for big dogs|
|Leaside Animal Clinic 1662 Bayview Ave – 2 wks boarding for your cat||$474 x 2 certificates|
|Lilli Viola Pilates, 3345 Yonge St – 5 mat classes and goodies||$120|
|Lime Asian Kitchen Restaurant, 3243 Yonge St – gift card||$25|
|Loblaws (Yonge & Old Yonge) – gift card good at any Loblaws||$100 (4 x $25)|
|Loblaws Independent City Market (New at Yonge & Lawrence) – gift card good at any Loblaws||$25|
|Mabel’s Fables 662 Mount Pleasant Road – gift card and goodies||$25|
|Mastermind 3350 Yonge Street Toronto, ON – Chillafish BMXie Lime Balance Bike (click here for photo)
the coolest balance bike in the world! The Chillafish BMXie balance bike doesn’t compromise: a real BMX-styled bicycle frame, oversized tubing but extremely lightweight.
BMXie-RS features a new kind of tires. Airless RubberSkin Tires with a foam core so they need no inflation & cannot puncture; with an outside rubber layer that makes them grip the pavement or trail just like real tires!
|$129 + tax|
|McCoy Burger Company 3334 Yonge St – gift certificate||$50|
|Melmira Bra and Swimsuits – 3319 Yonge St||$50|
|Metro 656 Eglinton Ave E – gift card (good at any Metro)||$25|
|Metro 3142 Yonge St – gift card (good at any Metro)||$50|
|OutDoorSpaces by Leanne Burkholder “helping you enjoy your outdoors” gift certificate 416.440.8870||$100|
|Stark’s Treatment 3285 Yonge St $75 gift certificate plus shampoo, condition and hair gel goodies||$150|
|TrueNorth Sports Camps (Memorial Park location at Eglinton west of Yonge) 1-week summer soccer camp boy/girl 4-12 ($407) PLUS 25% ($100) off a friend. Good for calendar 2018||$500|
|Upper Canada Decorating (Benjamin Moore Paint) 3269 Yonge St – gift certificate||$100|
|Wanless Photography – “Capturing fleeting moments, creating lasting memories”
Family mini photography session, including – 30 min photo session – 5 edited digital mages – 3 month private online gallery – up to 6 persons 416-884-7733
|Wendy Bircher, psychotherapist (1 hr consult) “Sometimes even one hour of support and coaching geared specifically to YOU can make a difference!” Click here for more info 416-358-7498||$400
|Whole Foods Market basket 1860 Bayview Ave – a basket of goodies
NB: On May 12th, from 12 noon to 2 pm, Whole Foods Market will also be present to give out $5 gift cards to all adults at the Wanless Park Spring Fair (while quantities last).
The fine print: Just get a ballot May 12th, 2018 and write down your highest and best price on any item(s) you really want to win. This is a blind-silent-auction. Best to put the full price of the item minus $1 or plus $1 (or more) to increase your chance of taking home the prize! All items will be displayed (if possible) on May 12th. You do not have to be present at the end of the bidding May 12th to win. The successful bidder for each item will be called a day or so after May 12th. Good luck! Click here to return to the top of page